Recorded Webinar from January 27, 2021
Please join Fitch Even for a free webinar, “Means-Plus-Function Claim Construction in Patent Prosecution and Litigation,” on January 27, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. PST / 10:00 a.m. MST / 11:00 a.m. CST / 12 noon EST.
Means-plus-function claim construction is being applied by courts and the USPTO when the term “means” is not explicitly used. When does this happen, and what is the impact? Understanding the law of means-plus-function claim construction, as well as its application in litigation and patent prosecution, can provide answers.
During this webinar, we will discuss these topics and more:
- How to identify means-plus-function claim terms
- How to construe means-plus-function claim terms
- How to avoid a means-plus-function claim construction in patent prosecution
- How to use means-plus-function claim terms in patent prosecution
- Indefiniteness and means-plus-function claim terms
- Differences between the Doctrine of Equivalents and means-plus-function equivalents
Our speaker will be Fitch Even partner Jon A. Birmingham. For over 20 years, Jon has represented clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to startups in intellectual property litigation, opinion matters, and complex patent prosecution matters.
A recording of this webinar is available through January 26, 2021.
- Leveraging Separate IPR Counsel to Maximize Litigation SuccessFitch Even Webinar: November 18, 2021 Read more
IP Alert | USPTO Abused Discretion by Allowing Further Abuse by Ex Parte ReexaminationOctober 22, 2021
On September 29, in In re Vivint, Inc., the Federal Circuit clarified the interplay between petitions for IPR and a subsequent request for ex parte reexamination. Read more