Recorded Webinar from May 23, 2023
Please join Fitch Even for a free webinar, “Terrifying Tales of the USPTO’s DOCX Filing System,” on May 23 at 9:00 a.m. PDT / 10:00 a.m. MDT / 11:00 a.m. CDT / 12 noon EDT.
The USPTO .docx filing system was meant to streamline and automate the agency’s processes but has generated numerous problems since its introduction. As a result, the USPTO has repeatedly delayed implementing the surcharge for filing certain U.S. applications in a format other than .docx.
Join our presenters as they discuss the following topics and more:
- Brief history of the USPTO’s earlier structured text filing initiatives
- Problems caused by the .docx filing system
- Remedial actions in the case of filing errors
Our presenters will be Fitch Even partners Giles N. Turner and Thomas F. Lebens.
Giles’ practice focuses on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the chemical and mechanical arts for both domestic and foreign corporations.
Tom manages Fitch Even’s California offices and has extensive experience with patent preparation and prosecution as well as ex parte appeals and post-issuance proceedings before the USPTO.
A recording of this webinar is available through May 22, 2024.
- Fitch Even Attorneys Ken Colton and Alvaro Cure Dominguez Published in IP LitigatorNovember 20, 2023 Read more
- 180 Days of UPC: How It Started… How It's Going…Recorded Webinar from November 29, 2023 Read more