Recorded Webinar from November 15, 2018
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “FRAND Licensing: Recent International Developments,” on Thursday, November 15, 2018, at 9:00 am PST / 10:00 am MST / 11:00 am CST / 12 noon EST.
Understanding the latest developments in FRAND licensing is essential to developing appropriate strategies for licensing standard essential patents (SEPs), both as licensor and licensee.
During this webinar, we will provide an overview of recent developments in FRAND licensing as a process and as a result, including a discussion of the following:
- Guidelines published in Europe, China, and Japan for licensing of SEPs
- Key decisions from the U.S., the UK, and China regarding how to determine FRAND terms and conditions, including
- Unwired Planet v. Huawei (UK)
- TCL v. Ericsson (US)
- Huawei v. Samsung (CN)
In addition, we will address these topics:
- Who holds the FRAND burden of proof
- What it means to be a willing licensee
- Jurisdiction for deciding FRAND disputes
- The appropriateness of confidentiality agreements
Our speaker will be Fitch Even senior licensing specialist and patent analyst Curtis S. Dodd. With 20 years of industry experience, Curt is a veteran of patent valuation, monetization, enforcement, and portfolio management in the telecommunications and consumer electronics spaces.
IP Alert | Federal Circuit Issues Significant Decision on Patent MarkingFebruary 21, 2020
The Federal Circuit, in Arctic Cat v. Bombardier Recreational Products, broadens patent marking defense for accused infringers. Read more
IP Alert | Settlement Agreement Held to Moot Pending Case-Dispositive MotionsFebruary 19, 2020
On February 13, in Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC v. Casper Sleep Inc., the Federal Circuit held that a settlement agreement rendered the case moot, even where the agreement required future performance. Read more